Sunday, September 12, 2010

Suck it, Sucktember

My December 2009 Calendar
So it begins, the busiest time of the year, with Sucktember - as I have so affectionally named it.

The fall/winter months are normally very busy for me, what with birthday shenanigans and the many holidays. But this is also the time of year that Phoenix comes alive. Now that it is nice enough to be outside again after the long hot summer, it is a time for Beerfests, Zoolights, Luminaries at the Botanical Gardens, artwalks, drive-in-movies, Movies in the Park, culinary festivals and all sorts of fun outdoorsy events. This is a busy, but much looked forward to time of year.

But this year, it is no longer just the busiest time of year for my personal calendar, but also the busiest season for my work calendar as well. My company is basically an online women's magazine, and we, like most sites of this nature, are fueled by ad revenue - and as for most retailers, Q4 is a Bad Mamma Jamma.

So we kicked off the busy season with a crazy trip to LA and the deadlines for 3 large projects due the first of October. I have already scheduled in several "late nights" into my work week because I know they will be needed. And the fun doesn't stop till February.

While I totally understand that this is the name of the online advertising game, it still really bums me out. =/ My calendar will be jam-packed already with me trying to cram as much in as I can in the few spare hours between work and bedtime. The extra work hours eating into my already full days is going to be exhausting.

I am beginning to see now why they close the office and give everyone a week off at Christmas - to preserve their sanity and keep their employees. (Christmas. Fuck. That is a whole other stress-inducing holiday.)

PLUS, we are currently looking for a house, which the chances being high that we will be moving sometime this season. Good lord...there's still so much to do.

Costume making, holiday shopping & baking, long work hours, packing and moving into a new house, social events and activities (if I can even squeeze them in!) - it's so overwhelming! >_<;; I am trying to mentally prepare for it.

And I am totally whining about the whole thing.
"But it's so haaaaaaaard." *whines*

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment