Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Proud Kitty-mama


I was not fast enough to catch her in the act, but this is a pic from earlier this week - Ashi's famous "road-killed" pose.

I've just experienced the proudest moment a kitty-mama could have - my little kitty is hunting a cricket! You might think this is a normal act for a kitty, and right you are. But if you have ever met my kitty, she is not so much of a vicious hunter (unless you happen to be The Boy). You can show her a bug and she could care less, but throw her a pom-pom ball and she goes crazy. She stalks pipe cleaners and pieces of string but ignores moths or grasshoppers. She will occasionally bite your face off if she is provoked, ignored or just feels like it, but there is not a lot of planning that goes into those moments, as she usually just uses the element of surprise!

She is really not the most stealthy little thing either. She is pretty clumsy and tends to get overly excited and fall off of things. So this really is a shining moment in her growth as a kitty-cat!

I'm almost not freaking out that there is a large cricket in my kitchen, because I am so excited for my kitty. Almost. *goes for the paper towels*

Update: As it turns out, there was no need for the paper towels. I found cricket legs on the kitchen floor. Where the rest of him is...only Ashi Sparta knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment