Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mixer Magic & Baking Therapy

I have long since been weened off of "store bought crap" ever since I really got into baking and discovered that I could make things myself that were far superior to anything I could buy at a store. Which has been awesome for my willpower in resisting the sweets and baked goodies that tend to linger around my office.

Mixer Magic

But now, since the arrival of my new fabulous cornflower blue KitchenAid Artisan Mixer, there is a new temptation...to bake more goodies myself!

"But Hyd, how on earth can this be bad!?" you exclaim in surprise (don't deny it, you totally just thought that).

It is bad because now I won't be able to resist! I have a weakness, and her name is cookies...and cupcakes, and muffins, and...okay I have a lot of sugary-delicious weaknesses. =P

Mixer Magic

Also, I LOVE to bake. It is like therapy - baking therapy. This is a practice that is common in my family. I would oftentimes find my mom up baking cookies or banana bread at midnight or later because she couldn't sleep, or was stressed out about something.

Whether stressed, in need of a chocolatey pick me up, or just plain hungry, baking has always been a pastime that I thoroughly enjoy. There is just something about adding a bunch of seemingly ordinary things together in a bowl, tossing them into a hot oven and pulling out tasty perfection 12-15 mins later. It is like magic!

Baking Cookies

Then there's decorating these magical goodies! Wow! That is a whole other talent in itself! A baker is like a chemist meets a cook meets an artist - all rolled into one. =D

Baking Cookies

What with all this experimentation in the kitchen, being able to concoct my own recipes for tastilicious treats has been most satisfying. Some of which I hope to share, at some point. =)

1 comment:

  1. WOW..... those look Yummy!!!! Remember all the times I sent you treats......ummmm you could return the favor. just kidding!!! looks like you are having fun! love you

    ReplyDelete