Monday, January 03, 2011

Back to the Grind

or the First Working Day of the Year

It wasn't as painful coming back to work after 10 days of vacation as I expected it to be. I thought that my lazy schedule of being up past 2am and waking up after 9am everyday for over a week would make for a brutal Monday morning requiring no less than a gallon of coffee to make it through the day. But waking up at 7am and getting back into the routine was a much more natural thing than I expected...thank goodness.

But still...I wasn't exactly ready to go back to work. Not to say that's anything to do with my job. I absolutely LOVE my job (no, really. It is fabulous.) but I could have totally said "yes" to another week of vacation.

2010 was a busy year. A new job, new network connections, new friends, new freelance clients, and new lifestyle changes kept me busy and buzzing. It was great! It was also great to unplug for a few days with no where to be, kicking it in my jammies and enjoying the simple things in life, like cups of tea, trying out new recipes, playing video games (omg it had been over a year!) and the pure joy of sitting on the couch all day reading a new book.

I didn't get the curtains hemmed, my website updates finished, any blog posts written or really half the things on my "ToDo List" done but it was a fabulously relaxing vacation and I really got a chance to unwind. Which is a rare and valuable thing!

Now it is back to the grind, back to the routine, back to the busy and back to the fun. I have my handful of New Year's resolutions to attest for - one of which is to FINALLY complete the dozen unfinished posts sitting around in my drafts box =S. So here's hoping this year is healthier, happier, and more productive than ever before!

Cheers to 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment