Friday, September 03, 2010

Catching Thoughts.


I always think of really great things to write about when I am not in a convenient place to write about them, such as sitting at my desk at work, taking a shower, driving in the car, etc. I draft it all out in my head, and can't wait to sit down and write it! But then when I have the time to write, I can't remember all the fabulous things I wanted to talk about. So I end up jotting some ideas down in a draft, and then it sits in my blog for months. I probably have about 12 drafts pending right now that started out awesome and ended up unfinished. *sigh*

I need to find a better way to document my thoughts. I tried keeping little post-it notes to remind me, and that did well to remind me of the idea, but not of all the points I initially thought to write about. I tried using my iphone voice recorder a few times to record myself dictating my ideas, but that only works when in the car (or when others are not around) and is harder to work with since I have to listen to the the playback instead of just scanning a list that is easy to navigate. I also used to keep a moleskin notebook with me and jot down ideas and sketches as they came to me. This worked fairly well so maybe I will have to get back into that habit and just keep on it this time.

In any case, I am going to have to learn to be more organized. After all, I need all the writing practice I can get before I write my children's book(s) - for which I have several fabulous ideas for - someday. ;) If you have any suggestions or helpful hints on how you catch your toughts, I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment